The Ph.D of Human Science in English Literary Studies programme prepares students with knowledge of literary skills to conduct research and produce academic reports in the field. By looking at literary works in varied genres and conducting exhaustive studies on them, students will become proficient readers and researchers in the field. Their expertise will enable them to become professionals in the fields of publication and academia.
The programme normally requires three years of full time study or five years on a part time basis. Students in this programme are engaged in in-depth study of the linguistic aspects of the English language. Students have a choice of selecting the ‘coursework and thesis’ or ‘thesis only’ programme. This programme trains students to become independent researchers in the future.
- Degree in English or English-related disciplines
- CGPA of 3 (out of 4.0) or the equivalent
- Relevant working experience will be an added advantage
- A research proposal
- University requirements as stated in the application form
- For international applicants: TOEFL (600) or IELTS (Band 7.0)
- For Malaysian applicants: TOEFL (600) or IELTS (Band 7.0) or EPT (Band
- If the degree was obtained from a university in an English speaking
- country, applicants may request a waiver of this requirement in writing